This year PTAA will be working with Housing Greensboro for our Labor of Love project. Fox8 did a nice story on Housing Greensboro that you can see here.
For our project this year we’ll be working on two homes in Greensboro and below is a brief description of each project. Our project dates are March 22 & 23 and we need volunteers for both days. You can volunteer for a whole day, both days or just a couple of hours on either day. To register simply visit our website or call the PTAA office at (336) 294-4428. We hope to see you out there!
Here are the project descriptions:
Home Repair Project #1:
The homeowner has owned her home for 23 years. She is an elderly woman with breast cancer who lives alone and needs repairs to make her home warmer, drier and safer. She has a very low limited income and cannot do the repairs herself.
Scope of repair work:
- Roof- replace sheathing, felt paper, drip edge, shingles, pipe boots, ridge vent & ridge cap
- Exterior- seal & flash windows, repair missing brick at slab, replace knob & deadbolt on front door, reinstall storm door
- Bathroom- install baseboard behind sink, install grab bars in shower
- Kitchen- fix leaking sink, replace faucets & repair tiles on countertop
- Energy Efficiency- air seal attic, install insulation dam & insulated lid for attic access, install bathroom fans, replace blubs with CFLs throughout house, patch sheetrock in utility room & tape joints
Home Repair Project #2:
The homeowner has owned the home for 20 years. She is an older adult living with her daughter and they both have disabilities which limit their ability to financially or physically do the repairs themselves. Her home needs plumbing, electrical and accessibility repairs to make her home warmer, drier and safer.
Scope of repair work:
- Plumbing- caulk tub, replace faucet, supply lines & toilet
- Electrical- replace motion light, cap wire for disposal & install junction box with cover over sink
- Accessibility- install grab bars beside toilet & in shower, install handrails at front & rear doors
- Other- replace back door to laundry room, repair deck
- Energy Efficiency- vent dryer to outside, air seal fireplace, install insulated lid on attic access, air seal attic & crawlspace