Earlier this year PTAA’s Food Drive Committee set a crazy, audacious goal: raise enough food and money for Second Harvest Food Bank to provide 500,000 meals. Why’s that audacious? Because the 2018 goal was 225,000 meals! But, they would not be deterred and when then the drive kicked off on May 1 they were determined to meet that crazy milestone.
Well, we’re happy to report that around noon on July 31, the day that marked the official end of the food drive, we received an anonymous donation that put us over the top and we succeeded in meeting the 500,000 meal goal! Much credit and thanks are due to:
- All of the PTAA member communities, management companies and supplier partners who enthusiastically participated in the drive.
- The Food Drive Committee, co-chaired by Renee Phillips and Tyler Hunt, who did a great job organizing and recruiting volunteers for our food drive-related events.
- All of PTAA’s Volunteers; especially those hardy souls who stood out in the heat to collect food for Fill the Stands With Cans.
- The Greensboro Grasshoppers, High Point Rockers and Winston-Salem Dash who partnered with us for Fill the Stands With Cans.
- WXII for also partnering with us by filming and airing promotional videos for the Fill the Stands With Cans games and by covering the games on their broadcasts.
- PTAA’s staff who work hard throughout the year coordinating with Second Harvest and providing the Committee with the resources they need to do their thing.
I’m sure I forgot to thank some folks, so let me just end by saying, “Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!” to everyone who made this year’s Food Drive a tremendous success.
Now, if you’re reading this and still have food or money to donate, it’s not too late. Just contact Stephanie Beeman at PTAA (stephanie AT piedmonttaa.org) and she can help you out.